As friends headed out of town to lakehouses or to visit family, we decided to have a fun filled weekend and plan our first Staycation! I prayed for good weather and we got it! After a run to our favorite donut shop on Saturday morning, we loaded up and headed to the Fort Worth Zoo. We met Ella and Audrey's best friends, Madelyn and Harper over there and had a great time seeing the animals. Ella's favorite was again the flamingo which John quickly asked me "Who likes flamingos?" It seems Ella does!
On Sunday, we headed to church, enjoyed a delicious lunch and got some good naps in before we headed over to our friends, the Berthelots for dinner. Ella and Jack who are just 6 months apart had a blast playing together and Ella got to play with Jack's stomp rockets and boy did she have fun! We could barely drag her away from it to eat dinner. We had a great time catching up with them and seeing their new home.
Monday morning we got up bright and early and headed down with the Blakes to the Children's Museum in Fair Park. It was the first time I had been down there since I have had my own kids and I was so impressed with all the fun things preschool age kids could do there. The girls loved basically having the place to ourselves for the most part and getting to experiment with a variety of activities. Plenty to keep them occupied...even though Ella still gravitated towards the house with the baby dolls in it!
As lunch time approached, the kids were done and everyone was getting hungry. Rather than eat the overpriced hamburgers/hotdogs at the museum, the Aggies in the group got to relive the glory days and enjoy Freebirds on the way home. John even suggested it, so I know he is really an Aggie at heart.
To wrap up a fun filled weekend, John decided to get the swimming pool out and after naptime, we all hung out in the backyard playing and enjoying the perfect weather. John grilled a great dinner and we celebrated a great weekend together as a family.
We had a perfect weekend. There was very little talk about work, very few timeouts, and lots of hugs and smiles. We made some great memories this weekend and I really enjoyed being able to just have fun as a family and with our friends. I'm so thankful for the great weather, the good food, the dear friends, and most importantly our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment