Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blessed

If there is one thing I hope John and I can really instill in our children, it is the fact the God has blessed us beyond what we deserve. He has given us the precious gift of Jesus Christ and I want our children to understand the responsibility that comes along with that. One thing we are doing is finding ways to serve others. This month, our Sunday school class is collecting items for The Samaritan Inn, which is a homeless shelter here in McKinney. They are in need of snack items so that those residents at the shelter can pack their lunches when they go to work and can save more money to get themselves into a permanent residence. I brought the girls with me to the store and allowed them to pick out items. We talked about why we were doing this and what families we were helping. It was humbling to me to think about the impact these items may have on a family and I hope that we will continue to find ways to teach our children about serving others.

No comments: