Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas!

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! I love the holidays and love the traditions that go along with it! We had so much fun getting the Christmas decorations out and getting ready to start some activities to celebrate the season!

The girls decorating their own trees in their room!


This year we started a book countdown for Advent where I have wrapped 24 Christmas books and have them under the tree. Each day, the girls get to open one book. It is perfect for our family since we are all bookworms!

We are doing a Advent Activity Countdown also. I got little matchboxes and wrapped them with Christmas paper and slid a slip of paper inside them with a different activity for each day leading up to Christmas. You'll have to follow the blog to see what neat things we will get to do!


The Jesse Tree is probably my favorite tradition. We started this tradition last year when I made all the ornaments. By gathering ideas from various sources, I created a little booklet that has daily readings, prayers and questions to discuss with your kids from Creation to Jesus' birth. It is such a special and important thing we do as a family. Here's the first few ornaments on the tree!
Stay tuned to see the holiday fun! Merry Christmas!

No comments: