Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Daddy's Day

Oh how Ella and Audrey love their daddy!
My girls are so blessed to have a wonderful daddy who loves them so much. He is the fun one who still has the energy at the end of the day to chase them around the house after bath time. He is their hero and still their most exciting time of day is when they hear the garage door start to open and they squeal with delight and scream "Daddy" as they run to meet him. I am so lucky to be on this crazy ride called parenting with him!
To honor John, we started off the day dragging Daddy out of bed to do a scavenger hunt. The clues brought him to various spots around the house where he and the girls have shared special moments. Each spot had a small gift (mostly homemade stuff from the girls) and a new clue to bring him to the next clue. Finally, he ended up at the kitchen table for breakfast with all his girls. We headed to church and then lunch at his choice, Uncle Julios, then home for Daddy and the girls to get in some long afternoon naps. One of John's gifts along the scavenger hunt was tickets to the Frisco Roughriders baseball game that night. We got lawn seats for the first time and were a little hesitant as to how the girls would do in the heat and without a spot to actually sit, but it was perfect! We had the best time as the girls enjoyed all the yummy snacks you get at the ballpark while at the same time running all over the place. I don't think I would ever want to buy the real seats with the girls--they just had too much fun the way we were! It was a late night by the time we got home, but I think it was a fun day for John. I know the girls and I had a blast!
Sporting the free baseball caps
Daddy and Ella - with Audrey snacking in the back

Ella with a glimpse of the outfield

I don't know if the girls ever faced the field.

It was hot!

3 comments:

Ang said...

Hi there! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for linking up to The Creative Mama. Looks as though you had a lovely Father's Day! :)

Blessings!

Friends of Kate said...

Don't know how you do it: (1) the creativity to create a scavenger hunt and (2) the time & energy to do it! I am truly in awe!

Sarah said...

What great photos!