Saturday, June 13, 2009

Farm Hands

This Saturday, we loaded the girls up and headed to Ham Orchard in Terrell, TX. (Thanks Spillmans for the idea!!) It is a little farm where you can pick your own blackberries and enjoy some yummy homemade ice cream. They've got a store that has lots of fresh fruits --especially delicious peaches) and vegetables for sale and a big front porch where you can relax with your ice cream! It was quite a steamy day so the girls and I only made it for about 30 minutes out in the field. We couldn't keep Audrey from picking the berries that weren't ripe, so I decided to let Farmer John finish up our bucket. We had a lot of fun and Ella thanked us over and over for bringing her. It was her "favorite thing of the day." We enjoyed relaxing on the porch over peach and strawberry ice cream and then headed home where I made a homemade peach cobbler that night. What a perfect summer day!

Ella working hard to get her bucket full of blackberries while Audrey watches on.
Audrey ate her way through the blackberry patch!

Enjoying a break!
Waiting for Daddy to come in from the fields!

Strawberry ice cream--yum!!

1 comment:

The Spillman Family Blog said...

How fun! I haven't had much time to read lately, so I just saw this. Glad you guys had a fun trip. I think we'll try to get back there soon, but it may be too hot!