Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bookworm

We love the library! It is free, it is nice and cool during the summer, and you can go as often as you want with no limit on books. For about the past year or so, I have brought the girls to the library about every two weeks. It began mostly because we were tired of reading the same books over and over at home, but has turned into a fun outing Ella and Audrey look forward to (They have an enormous fish tank in the kids area). Ella runs up and down the aisles, inspecting the covers of the books to see if they look fun and decides which ones we will check out. This summer, we decided (yes, I gave her the option to do it) that we were going to do the Texas Reading Summer Challenge. We have to read 25 books by August 1st to complete the challenge. All the kids participating got to write their own name on a flower and stick it on the library wall. I think she was really excited to show off her new skill of writing her name by herself.


You know her mommy loves a challenge, so we have been diligent about reading our library books! We'll let you know once we meet the goal!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Fun! I signed up Lincoln too, just for fun, and we checked out his first book. You think it counts if we've already read "Goodnight Moon" 25 times?