Friday, February 4, 2011

Weekly Wrap up

It has been a fun time in Wedemeyer World lately! I feel like the routine of 3 kids is becoming more normal now, but it sure is much harder than I ever thought it would be! I am grateful though and every time I look at Walker, even at 2 in the morning when I haven't gotten much sleep at all, I can not imagine our family without him! Here's a few things that have been going on...

  • John's vision of his "Man Cave" when we purchased this house has basically turned into a long lost dream for him. The media room has turned in to Game Room #2 for the girls and they love to build tents and have campouts in there. At the current moment is a gigantic Princess tent the girls got for Christmas from Gran-nan and Grandpa. The Man Cave has no look of manly in it right now.

"The Man Cave"

  • The weather has gone from extremes of bitter cold to beautiful sunshine. I try to take advantage of the pretty days and let the girls get their energy out in the back yard. I can't wait for the day all three kids can be out there together having fun. On the sunny days, you will find Ella driving the Barbie Jeep with Audrey in the passenger seat. They will have both their umbrellas open as they fly around the backyard. I giggle every time I see them. They also love to practice with their jumpropes but can't figure out exactly how they work--it sure is fun though!


  • The girls creativity still continues to amaze me. At church last week, Ella's teacher asked me "Who is the artist in your family?" I asked him what he meant and he said that Ella always drew the greatest pictures. She does and I am so proud of her. She has such a gift and really enjoys experimenting with the whole Crayola family of products...in her mind, the messier the better with her preferring markers and paint over crayons. Audrey is doing so great too and will copy almost any picture that Ella draws. Audrey is also starting to write her name and the other letters too...she wrote Walker on a piece of paper this week! They can turn a blanket into a superhero cape (see below) and a few chairs into a big schoolbus for their kids.

Princess Super Heroes!

  • Walker is definitely becoming more a part of the action. He is sitting up more in his Bumbo seat and his exersaucer and will follow the girls around the room and laugh. In his mind, he has to be thinking, "Who dropped me off in this circus and how can I escape?" He smiles a lot more now and is still eating every three hours for the most part. A schedule, well, that is a different story. I just can't figure out how Kid #3 is supposed to be on a schedule when we've got 2 older siblings who have a bigger social life than me! :) I can't wait to see what his personality will be...I hope he will be a momma's boy since my two girls have all but abandoned me and only want their daddy!

Our happy boy!

  • I had to share these pictures to prove the difference between my two girls. On one of the snow days, I got some paper plates out and let the girls paint. Ella's picture is on top and she said it was called "Caterpillar going to Visit a Friend on a Sunny Day." Audrey said her's on the bottom was called "Chicken and Rooster Fighting." It pretty much sums up their personalities if you don't know them well.
  • I have tried to start reading more to get myself back into some sense of normalcy. My book club selected The Hunger Games - Yes, it is young fiction so basically I am reading something all those vampire loving teenagers like and as my friend Stacy mentioned, we can buy it at our kids' Scholastic book fair, but I will have to tell you, I loved the book. I loved it so much, that I read all three books in the trilogy within about 2 weeks and spent many hours that I should have been sleeping obsessed with finding out what would happen. So, if you need some fun reading...go to the "Young Adult Fiction" area and enjoy!
  • Ella told us this week that she wanted to hug us so she could carry our love around with her. So sweet and such a real way to think about it. I need to hug my kids more. I need to hug my husband more. I need to hug my friends more so they can carry my love for them around with them.
  • I'm looking forward to spring. I feel sorry for Northerners who have to live in cold for so much of the year. I guess they feel sorry for us in the summer, but that is what swimming pools are for!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Looks like you guys are having a ball. I can't believe you managed to read three books in two weeks. You are much busier than me and I have only watched 1 show this week, litterally (much less read a book). Can't wait to get Walker and Sutton in the same room!