Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Real First Day of School

We missed the first day due to a few sniffles, but today Ella was ready to head to her first day of preschool. She looked adorable and her backpack was full with all her essentials! Her bags that she got to open from the countdown included nail polish, chapstick, hand sanitizer and lotion, a little notepad, some Tic Tacs, new clips, and a James Avery necklace with the letter "E" on it. She was really excited at home and couldn't stop talking about all the fun stuff she would do "since she was almost 4 years old" and all her friends she would get to see. I was personally thrilled about her teachers, with one of them, Ms. Paula being a friend of mine and someone who I have seen do wonders in the classroom. I know she is going to have a fantastic year!

However, once we arrived, the smiles were gone and she was a little nervous about her big day. Her buddy Micah was at the table next to her so he helped her not be too sad.

These were the teacher gifts we brought. I stuck an apple, orange, water bottle, lotion and hand sanitizer into a basket I picked up. The little note with Ella's picture on it said "Looking forward to a healthy and fun year!" Easy and practical gift for her 2 teachers!

Ella had so much fun the first day that she wanted me to take her picture again for the second day of school!



The first week they had "Crazy Hat" day on Thursday, so Ella was sporting her sombrero!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I want to be a teacher to get the cool gift baskets, nice touch!