Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our Little Cubbie Bear

Ella has started the AWANAs program at our church on Wednesday nights. It is a program designed to teach children scripture while incorporating fun and crafts with it. They are considered "Cubbies" from age 3-5, so each week Cubbie Bear comes to visit us during class--the kids just go wild when they see him. I decided to teach Ella's class mainly because I wanted to have a chance to be with just Ella. My precious little first born and I don't get to always spend as much one on one time as I would like, so each of us treasure the few hours we get together on Wednesday nights. Ella has really impressed us with how well she is memorizing her verses each week. The kids all have little Cubbie vests and they earn patches for the verses they memorize. It is a big commitment for both the teachers and the kids, but I can't think of a better thing to spend my time on then teaching Ella and the other kids about Jesus!

No comments: