This week, John and I lost a friend. He was 34 years old and he died unexpectedly, leaving behind his precious wife of 10 years. There have been many tears off and on this week and I've thought of how Sharon will handle this, the loss his family and friends are facing, and how tragic it was for someone so young and healthy to be taken.
I was on the couch one day after I had been crying and Ella came up to me to ask me what was wrong. I told her I was sad because my friend had died and gone to be in heaven with Jesus. She looked up at me and without a moment's hesitation said "Mommy, if he is in heaven we should be happy. He gets to be with Jesus now." How perfect, precious and true those words were. I explained to her that I was happy that Matt was in heaven, but I was sad for all his friends and family that would miss him. She looked puzzled, yet with that innocence in her voice replied "Well, he's happy in heaven. You don't need to cry." Yes he is Ella and thank you for being God's little reminder to me that He is always good, always gracious and always loving.
No comments:
Post a Comment