Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Letter J


I think we are definitely getting to the point where we really aren't "learning" the letters, but rather making crafts with the letter of the week. Ella can recognize all the letters, but I still want to continue the cirriculum so that she understands about finishing what she started.

This week with "J", we used Jellybeans to decorate a big J, made a Jellyfish out of a coffee filter and some tissue paper, created some Jungle scenes, made different faces on pumpkins to create Jack-o-lanterns, and used Jello to paint some pictures. The Jello idea was a big failure, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you want a mess! We had planned to make Jewelry too, but it is hard to get the beads out when Miss Audrey is around!

Almost halfway through the alphabet...hopefully we'll finish it up by the end of the summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i should learn that lesson too... the "finish what you started" lesson... cause I was doing something similar with Jonah last fall, but we got to the letter D and it just kinda fell apart. He knows almost all of his letters now, from books, puzzles, bath letters, magnets, and the like... but I really should go back and finish the alphabet with the crafts. :)

Angi said...

A friend of mine and I are taking turns writing our cirriculum up. Trust me--if I didn't have her, I'd probably have given up after a few weeks! Ella just loves doing the crafts though, so that is what keeps me motivated!