Thursday, February 19, 2009

This is the Flu



Well, for the past week and a half, the Wedemeyer house has been battling the flu. It has been horrible, and that is putting it nicely. I came down with it last Wednesday. For all the times I've said "I must have the flu" when I've felt run-down, achy, irritable....that was nothing compared to this. I was completely unable to do anything and John had to stay home from work for two days to help me with the girls. By the weekend I was starting to feel back to normal, just as Ella started running a temperature on Saturday afternoon. Three sleepless nights and three irritable days after that, Audrey woke up Tuesday running a fever herself. She has struggled the most at night and has been the one who has run the highest fevers without getting much relief from Tylenol/ Motrin.
I believe we are on the tail end of this nasty bug. And yes, we all had flu shots, but have been told that the strain of the flu we have "Influenza A" was not covered by the flu shot this year and can not be treated with the typical medication of Tamiflu. It has been a very rough two weeks, especially with John being out of town this week, but we have survived. Despite the misery, the girls have been in a great mood today and I had to show off my patients!







1 comment:

Marcy said...

Poor Wedemeyers! I feel for you guys...you are due for a super healthy spring! Also, can't remember if I told you, but Audrey's invite is precious. Mom and I were just cooing over how beautiful she is. She is really gorgeous!