Wednesday, May 14, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes

It amazes me the things that come out of Ella's mouth some days. It seems like it was overnight that she started really creating her own sentences and ideas and not just repeating everything John and I said. I had to share some of the great things she said today...

She woke up this morning to a little bit of rain outside. Our conversation went like this...

Ella: Storm woke me up mommy.

Mommy: I'm sorry baby, but you still slept like a big girl.

Ella: Yeah, there was thunder and rain. And there was a boat.

Mommy: A boat? Are you talking about Noah's Arc, Ella?

Ella: Mommy, Jesus said "NO, Don't be scared!"

I figured out she was talking about a Bible story she learned a few weeks ago in church. She remembered the one with the disciples on the boat in the storm and Jesus scolding them for being afraid. All those hours of reading her Bible are paying off.

Later today, we were heading home from a lunch date with Daddy and we passed by a big church on Central. Ella announced, "There's a church Mommy. I go to church, Audrey goes to church, Mommy and Daddy go to church, and big kids go to church. Mommy, I love church. I love God. I love Jesus." My heart filled up and I had to smile. How precious it is to hear those simple words.

No comments: