Monday, July 14, 2008

The Things Some People Say

I honestly question why some people say the things they do. I really noticed it towards the end of my pregnancy with Audrey when I would get complete strangers coming up to me saying "Are you having twins?" and "You are REALLY big." Okay, never in your life could this be construed as a compliment, especially when you are 8 months pregnant, feel miserable and even your maternity clothes don't fit anymore. My poor sister had it so much worse with all of her fluid issues and the combination of these rude comments plus the pregnancy hormones can really take a girl over the edge.



I've seen it a lot lately too with Audrey. Audrey is definitely a good eater and has the most precious little rolls. As her mommy, I can say that she's my little chubby baby, but it really bothers me when other people tell me how "Fat" she is--and yes, they use the word fat - and how there is no way she is only 4 months old because she is so big. I know it is the one time in your life that chubby cheeks and thunder thighs are thought of as cute, but it drives me crazy when people say it every where we go. I pray that she will inherit my mom's metabolism and that we will be able to teach both of our kids about being healthy.

No comments: