Saturday, January 24, 2009

Learning Letter A

Okay, I am convinced that Ella knows more than she pretends to, but I realized that I wanted to spend more time with her really working on letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and Bible verses. So, welcome to Mommy Preschool! Each week we are going to pick things to work on and incorporate crafts, coloring, cooking and fun to reinforce the lesson. My good friend Stacy who is mom to Ella's BFF has decided to take the plunge with me and we are rotating weeks on planning the cirriculum. Week 1 we focused on the Letter A, the number 1, the color red and squares. Ella had a blast painting with apples, making a square mobile, putting together a cow made out of squares and coloring an alligator that had "A's" hidden in it. She memorized her first Bible verse and is so proud that "Daddy is so proud" of her accomplishment. I am really glad I am starting to do this because it allows me to really have one on one time with Ella where she gets to learn and we both have fun!



No comments: